In case you haven’t heard the news, Dual Survival will be coming back for a third season.
However, no Dave Canterbury.
Shortly after Cody announced on his Facebook page that filming would start soon for season three, Dave put the following on his own Facebook page:
All – I wanted to say Congratulations to the Crew of Dual Survival in the announcment of Season 3, however with that said I will not be involved in Season 3. I have many commitments to Family and Buisness and many more months away from home and family is just not my wish at the present time. My current goals are more based on Pathfinder School Activities. I am sure Discovery has found a suitable replacement and I look forward to watching.
Supposedly they do have an ex-military-type person lined up; they’re just not announcing yet who that is.
Of course, they do need an ex-military-type person. The contrast with Cody’s barefoot bush-hippie ways provides much of the interest of the show.
[Update: newer information here, about Dave having exaggerated his resume. The premier of the new season, with Joe Teti replacing Dave, is on January 1, which I write about here. And, my review of the 1st new episode, Mars on Earth.]
I wrote up my thoughts (from a barefoot perspective) of the second season. If you wish to look at those, here’s the list:
- Season 2, Episode 1: Slash and Burn
- Season 2, Episode 2: Buried Alive
- Season 2, Episode 3: Stuck in the Muck
- Season 2, Episode 4: Bitten
- Season 2, Episode 5: Frozen Plains
- Season 2, Episode 6: Out of Africa
- Season 2, Episode 7: Out of the Clouds
- Season 2, Episode 8: Adrift
- Season 2, Episode 9: Eating Dust
- Season 2, Episode 10: Hippo Island
- Season 2, Episode 11: Up the River
- Season 2, Episode 12: Road to Nowhere