Have you ever wondered what it’s like to actually live barefoot? If you have (or even if you do it yourself), you might be interested in this video series with six barefooters talking about doing so.
It was put together through the amazing efforts of barefooter Ben Donnelly.
We should all thank Ben for his efforts in collecting and editing these videos. And we should thank those who participated by taking videos while they answered the questions.
The six people who took part are
- Tawny Steele, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
- David Turnquist, Software Developer, Arizona
- Mike Berrow, California
- Lindsay Canham, Post-Grad “Lab Monkey”, Edmonton, Canada
- Mike Smith, Chemist, United Kingdom
- Ben Donnelly, Musician, London
Living Barefoot Around the World—International Q&A
Part 1 asks (and answers) the following questions:
1. How long ago did you decide to go barefoot?
2. What sort of things do you get up to in your life and which aspects are the easiest/hardest to incorporate bare feet?
3. Do any interesting barefoot experiences come to mind?
Part 2 asks:
4. Doesn’t it hurt your feet? Aren’t you worried about broken glass?
5. Have you noticed any physical changes to your feet from going barefoot?
Part 3 deals with:
6. What do you think of minimalist footwear and do you own any?
7. What reactions have you had from friends, family and strangers and how do you handle negative reactions?
8. Has going barefoot affected your approach to other aspects of your life?
Check them out.